It’s hard to believe that fall is just around the corner! Our summer fun will be over and we’ll get back to our schedule and routine. But…schedules and routines are good things!
I hope that you will make time in your fall schedule for the music programs at our church! Children, youth and adults ALL benefit from being a part of a choir. Being involved in music is good for us for many reasons!
- Being involved in music makes us smarter. Yes, it’s true! It’s a proven fact that people who are involved in music programs have higher IQs and score higher on tests!
- Being involved in a music program or a choir helps Christians learn how to work together sacrificially for the common good of the body of Christ.
- Choirs help singers develop and improve their musical gifts!
- Singing is good for your health! It helps us breath better and use muscles that we ordinarily don’t use very much.
- Choirs add creative artistry and beauty to a worship service.
- Being in a choir or music program gives us a feeling of belonging; it also gives us a sense of accomplishment.
Have I convinced you yet? I encourage you to join us! The Sanctuary Choir kicks off fall rehearsals on Wednesday, August 19 at 7:00 in the choir room. Please think about joining us; we would LOVE to have you! We work hard, but we also have A LOT of fun in the process!
Children’s Choirs (2 year old through 5th grade) begin Wednesday, September 9.
Youth Choir (6th grade through 12th grade) begins Sunday, September 20.
Being in a choir program is one way that we follow the Lord’s command to “sing and make melody in our hearts to the Lord”. Join us!